Dr. Aaron Blaisdell received a B.A. in Biological Anthropology from SUNY Stony Brook; an M.A. in Biological Anthropology from Kent State University; and his Ph.D. in Psychology (Behavioral Neuroscience focus) from SUNY Binghamton. He then spent two years as a Postdoctoral fellow in Psychology at Tufts University and became a professor of Psychology at UCLA in 2001. Dr. Blaisdell is Currently Professor with tenure at UCLA and is a participating member of the UCLA Brain Research Institute and the Integrative Center for Learning and Memory. He has previously served as President of the International Society for Comparative Psychology and of the Ancestral Health Society.
Dr. Blaisdell’s CV
- 1987 – 1991, SUNY Stony Brook, B.A., Anthropology
- 1992 – 1996, Kent State University, M.A., Anthropology
- 1996 – 1999, SUNY Binghamton, Ph.D., Experimental Psychology & Behavioral Neuroscience
- 1999 – 2001, Tufts University, Postdoctoral Scholar (NIMH Fellow)
Position and Affiliations
Co-Founder of the Ancestral Health Society (AHS).
- AHS operates an annual symposium (videos of talks available on the Ancestry Foundation YouTube channel).
- Operate the open-access, peer-review, academic Journal of Evolution and Health.
Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Evolution and Health
Co-Founder of HealthCrowds, a crowdsourcing platform for health data.
Co-Founder of Pigeon Systems, Inc., whose mission is to develop advanced AI.
Dr. Blaisdell is on the Science Advisory Board at Textpert.
Dr. Blaisdell is on the Advisory Board at AI Reload.